Sunday, November 21, 2010

When it's "OK" to Show Homes to the Non-Qualified Client

I showed some homes to a client in the El Cajon and Santee, CA area when I knew he was not qualified.  I was not even hoping I would get him into a home.  I was however refining some skills with my new found friend.  This could be (and often is) perceived as a waste of time by some real estate agents, I wanted to take this lemon and made lemonade.

Here are some of the benefits:

*There is nothing to lose if you effectively control your time with this client, you will win.
*Go see listings that you want to see.  Go see some areas outside your normal or identified marketplace.
*This client knows people and though he cannot buy a home (even if he thinks he can), he still knows people that may be able to, ask for a referral
*Ask your client to conduct a survey, post it to the internet (LinkedIn), but this also to helps you build your communications skills.

Of course, this is not an everyday event, but take it for what its worth, if you find yourself without any clients or if you have some free time.  Ultimately, use every resource you have at your disposal, you never know what will become of it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment